This course addresses how to overcome the fear of picking up a paintbrush and painting. An openness and willingness to explore will be supported through non-competitive individual exercises. No previous painting experience required, but some experience with basic drawing is recommended.
August 30- November 1(No Class September 6 + October 11)
6-8 pm Mondays
1 hour weekly for private consultations
Local Art Supply Stores-
Artist and Craftsman Supply-
Marguerite Lawler-Rohner has exhibited paintings throughout New England and New York. She holds an MFA from the City University of New York and a BFA from Rhode Island School of Design. Learn more: www.margueritelawler.com
Basic supply list-
1. Set of Acrylic paints- Liquitex Basics brand
2. Painting surfaces- heavy ply scrap paper, canvas cloth pad 9”x12” or larger
3. Disposable palette paper, 9’x12”
4.1” masking tape
5. Rigid support for taping down canvas
6.#2 pencil and eraser
8. Acrylic Brushes- synthetic, stiff-bristled -get a variety of sizes, not tiny and no larger than one inch
9. Water container-8oz or larger
10. Paper towels
11. Palette knife
13. Easel if you have one
14. Sketchbook or drawing paper for sketching out ideas and taking notes.
This course has reached maximum enrollment.
Wait lists are available by calling our office.