Students will work each week from live nude models using a variety of drawing media. Exercises designed to heighten observational skills and encourage bold and inventive mark making will lead students through an on-going exploration of the proportions, form and contours of the human figure.
Please note this class is located in our building at 380 Cumberland Ave.
Tuition: $175 + $50 Fee
2/1-3/29 no class 3/15 ( 8 sessions) Wednesdays 3:00-5:00 pm
Faculty: Jennifer Brou
Jennifer Brou is an artist, designer and educator based in South Portland, Maine. Jennifer studied at the Glasgow School of Art and earned her BFA in Crafts, with a Minor in Photography, from Longwood University. She currently teaches in the Foundation Program and in Continuing Studies at Maine College of Art & Design. Jennifer has 13-years of experience as a designer and developer in the footwear industry and 17- years of knitting experience. She has been designing hand knit garments and accessories for 7-years. Jennifer’s knitwear designs have been selected for inclusion in Woolfolk’s 2018 & 19 Wool Elements and 2022 Pre-Fall collections; Brooklyn Tweed’s Wool People 14 and Winter 2022 collections; Farmers Daughter Fibers’ Wisp collection; Making Stories Issue 5 & Issue 10; Making Magazine Issue 14; and Laine Magazine Issue 15. Alongside teaching and designing knitwear, Jennifer mends knits for Misha & Puff, works in her studio and runs.
● 1 drawing pad, white or paper, 18 x 24" or larger
● 1 large pad newsprint, 18 x 24" or larger
● several sticks of charcoal, vine and compressed
● Chamois cloth or piece of felt ● pastels (6 or more Rembrandt brand, assorted colors of your choice)
● kneaded eraser ● white plastic eraser ● a couple of inexpensive paint brushes (1/2" wide or larger)
● Small jar of India Ink
● Optional: colored pencils, markers, crayons, watercolors, acrylics, oil pastels, or other drawing materials of your choice
All students + faculty are required to:
This course has reached maximum enrollment.
Wait lists are available by calling our office.