Students will engage in an intensive study of and direct observation of the human form from the model. Students use simple dry and wet black and white materials, pairing spontaneous gestural strategies and experimental methods with traditional line quality, tonal studies, expression, proportion, and rendering, etc. Students will practice and hone their ability to observe, translate, and interpret the figure in space as a whole and integrated form.
TUITION: $130 + FEES: $20
*This Art Educator course is priced at a reduced rate and no other discounts may be applied.
- PAPER: one 18 x 24 inch newsprint pad with at least 50 sheets, 18 x 24 inch sketch pad (like Strathmore drawing or Penny Bond), other papers as desired
- BRUSHES: various sizes of bamboo brushes OR size 12 and 8 large round brushes (synthetic is fine), inexpensive square sponge brushes/sponges/or make your own implement to use to experiment with
- CHARCOAL various charcoal from medium to soft (willow, vine, and large chunky sticks ÛÓ no hard or HB)
- KNEADED ERASERS: large kneaded eraser
- Lyra graphite stick/water-soluble in 2B or 4B soft (no hard or HB)
- BLACK WATER SOLUBLE CRAYON
- CRAYON: another drawing implement with possibilities
- CREATE A DRAWING TOOL: please bring a branch or stick for creating a long drawing implement
- x-acto knife, and/or utility knife
- water cups and rag
- pastels or conte if you want
- OTHER OPTIONS: colored inks, crayons, colored pencils, pastels, water soluble crayons, collage materials (torn papers and glue)